Friday, August 26, 2016

Back for legion



So a lot of things changed since my last post. I fought during the Siege of Orgrimmar, I obtained fel fire for my warlock, I got Shadowmourne, I conquered the Iron Horde in an alternate reality and last but not least my human death knight has faction changed to Horde!


Although at first I was pleased by the leveling experience in Warlord of Draenor and I was excited by the new garrison feature I burned out on World of Warcraft shortly after the release of Tanaan jungle. Let just say that the best souvenir I kept from that expansion was the nice pile of gold I managed to acquire.


I didn't think that I would resub to World of Warcraft but I was invited to the Beta and I was amazed at all the class lore that the new expansion has. The artefacts quests are short but fun and each class halls I have managed to unlock are beautifully stunning.  So I'm out of retirement to lead the people of Azeroth in the fight against the Legion. I might not take part in raiding aside from LFR but I intend to get a truckload of artefacts starting with the Scythe of Elune, the famed Ashbringer and the shard of Frostmourne. I currently have seven classes up to level 100 including a demon hunter, I have a warrior and a monk at level 90 and I have a boost that I will probably use on a shaman to get the iconic Doomhammer.


I've also tried out the class trial, which will be available as boost when the new expansion comes out. It's a mini tutorial that you have on your way to the Broken shore that teach you a basic rotation and a couple of key ability of the class. There is only one spec by class that you can use for the trial, for example, the spec for paladin is retribution. The talents are already chosen and the action bar is filled gradually. It's nicely done and get you up and running to jump into the action.


There much less ability to use in this expansion (around 15) and the rotation is simplified, which I think is for the best. I also tried out leveling a toon from 1 to 10 and its much smoother then what I remembered. Each class start with a default spec, for the druid that was feral, a spec I've rarely used (I've mainly leveled and raided as guardian). But it was much more fun and unique to quest as kitty then as a generic caster like it was before as a level 1. And the feral form is very useful to be familiar with regardless of the spec you choose. So I look forward to leveling a druid in the near future and I've planned to level in a couple of zones that are rich in night elf and druid lore, like Darkshore, Ashenvale, Feralas, Zangamarsh, Grizzly Hills and Mount Hyjal. I leveled in Teldrassil without experience heirloom (tough I kept my heirloom weapon, necklace and trinket) and I didn't outlevel the zone (although I skipped a couple of quest). It seems some time was dedicated to improve the leveling experience, which is nice for people who likes to level alt.

While I'm waiting for the expansion I've already decked out my paladin in full legion gear (very nice looking for transmog). I'm also planning to level my warrior and monk with the invasions. Since there is now six invasions every two hours and that I can beneficiate from Potion of Accelerated Learning, full heirloom and some rested XP I might be able to ding them to level 100 before next week without too much hassle.


Until next time enjoy your last week of Warlord of Draenor!




Update: I managed to level my monk from 91 to 100 last night and it was super fun. I got sweet gear and over 400 shards, enough to get me a pet, a cloak, a trinket and a BOA warglaive (other piece of equipment didn't have agility on them so I was kind of meh). Those invasions are action packed and there tons of neat stuff to see. I might have to try the siege engine with my warrior tough because the fight are a little rough for melee.

No comments:

Post a Comment